Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Plen Android

When I was browsing for android apps a couple days back I found out that there is an app that can control a desktop hobby robot.  It's a cute little robot that can perform a lot of complex movements  and is easily controlled by an Android App.


A Plen action :)
Made by Akazawa from Japan, this Robot is called Plen, an obvious pun on the English word plain. But a simple demo made me feel that it's anything but plain. The official website declares that it has 20 adorable motions pre-installed. And by the looks of it, it is surely adorable.


Plen can be remotely-controlled via a Bluetooth connection with an Android smartphone (Preferably Nexus One) and it'll walk, dance and skate. Not that it can do a lot of useful things, but I guess it's good entertainment and fun to see a robot dancing for you (Reminds me a Walle).


Well! I would have bought this, if I had $3000 to throw away....


If any of you readers have this money go for it. Here is the official Website: http://www.plen.jp/index_en.html


And in case you are broke like me enjoy these videos :)


Plen instructions



Plen and simple skating

No comments:

Post a Comment